This blog is dedicated to getting information about hiking at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park online.
The goal is to make planning hiking and backcountry camping trips easier and hopefully more enjoyable for everyone. Because, let’s face it, it’s never fun when you think you’re heading out for a leisurely afternoon hike and end up getting back to the trailhead in the dark. On the flip side, you might feel a little disappointed if you’re expecting to go on a rugged backcountry hike where you might not see another human for 24 hours only to find yourself sharing a wide trail with dozens and maybe even hundreds of other hikers.
So whether you are looking to plan a hike for a fun afternoon with your family, or you want to channel your inner Bear Grylls, this blog has all the information you’ll need to plan your next adventure in Sleeping Giant Provincial Park’s backcountry.
About the Author
Curniss is an avid hiker, outdoor enthusiast, and chocolate lover based out of Thunder Bay.
She’s been exploring the trails of Sleeping Giant Provincial Park since 2007 and has hiked every single one of them multiple times. You can find her hiking, camping, running, biking, snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing on the park’s trails at any time of year. You’ll also usually find her at the start line of the Sleeping Giant Loppet and the XTERRA Sleeping Giant. She got married on top of the head of the giant in 2017 and she and her husband spend a lot of their free time in this special place.
I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of hiking up the Giant.Curniss
Her enthusiasm for hiking at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park is contagious and she shares it along with her impressive knowledge of the park’s backcountry on this blog.
About the Blog
- We’re currently working and hiking hard to have detailed and accurate descriptions of every trail at Sleeping Giant Provincial Park up on this blog.
- New posts are added to share itinerary suggestion, tips, and useful information to enjoy the backcountry of Sleeping Giant Provincial Park.
- If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, head over to Hike the Giant’s Instagram account where information is posted most frequently! @hike_the_giant
- Requests are welcomed! Simply reach out using the form on the Contact Page or send an Instagram DM.
- This blog is a passion project and is not affiliated with or supported by Ontario Parks in any capacity.